Using the Chorus platform to build apps for public health
Via Chorus, you can leverage the benefits of participatory tech development and stakeholder engagement for public health. Our approach to working with stakeholders and community members in the development process of public health applications and technologies is research-driven and carefully implemented to support community engagement.
Build healthcare apps using best practices in stakeholder engagement for public health
In order to foster connections, confidence, and trust, effective engagement is essential. And at Chorus, our participatory design approach blends evidence-based best practices with community-centered principles to improve outcomes significantly.
We understand that, in the world of healthcare, stakeholders often consist of a highly diverse set of individuals. That’s why our participatory approaches specifically focus on fostering collaboration, shared responsibility, and an authentic sense of ownership among community members, experts, and technology stakeholders alike. With that, the digital solutions that are created become more relevant and engaging.
Chorus represents a meaningful shift in the foundations of how the development of healthcare technology is approached. Using a platform and stakeholder engagement approach means enabling more opportunities for co-creation and engagement from non-technical stakeholders. With these approaches, public health agencies can launch inclusive and community-focused solutions that are both impactful and engaging, and that also help to further equity and inclusivity at the community level.
The key principles of stakeholder and participatory development we use:
- Two-way knowledge exchange: creating opportunities for stakeholders to provide feedback, contribute, and reaching out to ensure they feel heard.
- Co-leadership: empowering stakeholders to lead and organize, as part of shared responsibility on a technology project.
- Respect, Transparency, and Power Sharing: engaging stakeholders equally, as partners in the development process.
No-code supports justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion (JEDI) within health technology projects
Bringing down the barriers to technology development means more stakeholders and community members can be included in the design and development process. This means including a broader range of perspectives and experiences, to ensure what is created is relevant, engaging, and flexible enough to adapt to local and individual needs.
Key benefits of supporting JEDI within health technology:
- Inclusivity: More inclusive process means more stakeholder buy-in and engagement.
- Relevance: Apps developed become more relevant, and incorporate the experience of the community.
- Flexibility: Solutions can be flexibly adjusted to specific community groups, and reflect the needs of diverse populations.
How Chorus is an expert partner in public health app development
Gain a skilled team to design, develop, and deploy your app idea, utilizing community feedback to make ongoing improvements and expansions. Our team integrates healthcare, clinical, community partnered research, and design experience to not only ensure our platform fits the needs of health and research, but that our design and engagement services add an additional layer of expertise.
Jump in and use our visual platform, with easy to tailor features to build your custom apps, or work with our team of experts to guide you at every step of the way.
No-code means reduced implementation time & costs
Using our platform means that every app built can be easily integrated as modular pieces of a broader system. In public health, this is particularly important as technologies created must meet a broad group of stakeholder needs at the community level, as well as support diverse staff workflows internally. With a platform like Chorus, successful applications can be shared and integrated across the system and adapted to specific stakeholder or group needs. For example any app can be adjusted and fully customized without the need for programming or engineering.
Off the shelf and customizable outcome reporting
The Chorus platform’s easily customizable dashboards help organize relevant data, such as call metrics, care coordination, follow-up status and other key performance metrics. Our out of the box dashboards and data visualizations can be used as is, or easily tailored to specific client or team needs to meet requirements. Key pieces of our reporting include charts and reporting on key performance metrics (case management, outcome reporting, staff workload, resource and bed availability, and client/patient tracking), as well as exportable for data analysis. AI and Machine learning models can also be leveraged within the platform for a seamless data experience, with the ability for real time calculations.
Benefits of using no-code platform for agile development of apps for public health:
Increase the agility of your development process with accelerated prototype development, so you can move from iteration and deployment to feedback and optimization seamlessly.
Key benefits of agile prototyping with no-code:
- No need for costly programmers and engineering time.
- Managed hosting and security enable more focus to be on design and development.
- Speed up the development process, to get feedback quickly.
- Lower financial and operational risk mean greater opportunities for funding.
Off the shelf digital tools to support public health
Our platform was built within healthcare to support healthcare needs. As part of that, we have a standardized library of features, templates, and dashboards that can easily integrate with public health workflows and existing infrastructure.
Key public health tools in Chorus that can be deployed off the shelf:
- Case and client management apps and dashboards: track requests, save case and client details, provide and manage referrals, track and schedule follow-ups.
- Live dispatch dashboarding: provide real-time support via field staffing and coordination with providers
- Mobile team management apps: support teams in the field, facilitating improved communication, case review, and document results
- Real-time resource/bed availability tracking apps: quickly search and locate local resources, make referrals, and connect to case/clients
- Community resource navigation apps and tools: develop, curate, and share resources for diverse group needs, including adaptable, multi-translation options
- Apps to support local crisis teams: achieve rapid crisis team coordination, dispatch, and support
- Apps to support operational workflows: digital tools to simplify workflows and integrate with existing tools for health agency teams and staff
Use our out of the box digital tools to support public health agencies and 988 workflows.
Choosing Chorus means gaining access to a single system that supports your 988 workflow by reducing implementation time and costs, unifying the fragmented ecosystem of tools, and optimizing workforce management.
Use chorus out of the box to effectively manage local response teams, clients/cases, referrals, and resource navigation, all with real-time availability. Rapidly adapt our existing off the shelf solution to fit your health system and 988 needs for common workflow and staff needs.
Digital tools, dashboards, and apps to support 988:
- Case and client management: track all requests, save case and client details, refer to resources and schedule follow-ups.
- Live dispatch: support cases in real-time with optimization of field staffing and coordination with providers.
- Resource navigation: search and find local resources, make referrals, and associate with cases and clients.
- Mobile team management: apps to support teams in the field and receive case details, communicate with staff, and document results.
- Real-time availability: view real-time bed and resource availability to know where to route individuals
- Outcome reporting: reporting of call metrics, care coordination, case results, follow-up status and other key performance indicators.
How the Chorus no-code platform helps support 988:
Existing functionality saves time and effort
With Chorus as the base for your app, data integration is streamlined significantly. For example, features that necessitate extension are added modularly, so they can easily be reused across multiple applications. Additionally, our Machine Learning (ML) layer optimizes functionality through custom analytics and the ability to integrate machine learning scripts. You’ll reap the benefits of virtually limitless possibilities without wasting time, money, or resources – and in many cases, it’s as easy as simply customizing an off-the-shelf solution.
Increased capability for capacity building
Take advantage of and build upon existing capacities within your organization, augmenting your work without requiring you to reinvent the wheel. Seamlessly coordinate with existing efforts and already-deployed services, while providing new opportunities for your team to learn and engage in a user-friendly app-building process.
Streamlined, minimal maintenance
Maintaining custom code can quickly become an expensive, resource-draining burden. Chorus centralizes most app maintenance through our platform for core functionality, giving you the freedom to refocus your efforts where they really matter. We take care of the maintenance, so you can focus on building the best apps possible.