Senior Product Designer
Build the future of digital health and help improve people’s lives with every interaction!
Come join our design team! We’re looking for a motivated, self-starting, outgoing individual to match the culture of our in-house team. The person must be detail oriented with a solid understanding of the facets of product and interaction design, including working with an established brand, design system, wireframes and using data to inform designs. Experience in participatory design and human-centered design is a huge plus. We have multiple positions available that can include either a focus on the platform or working directly with stakeholders in organizations and health agencies to help their ideas come to life, depending on your experience and interests.
Chorus Innovations is a fast-growing healthcare technology company with a no-code PaaS that enables anyone to visually create mobile, text messaging and interactive voice apps. Chorus’ unique and powerful platform is currently being used by doctors, researchers, patients and community stakeholders alike to power transformative healthcare, biomedical research and community improvement projects across institutions and public health agencies worldwide.
The team is working a hybrid schedule during the COVID-19 pandemic, as we have opened our Long Beach office. Remote positions will be considered for the right candidate.
How can you make an Impact?
We are looking for a Senior Product Designer to help us with our next phase of growth. You have an attention to detail and an eye for quality, along with the ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into a story that resonates with our target customers through compelling forms of design. You are confident enough to share and sell your ideas, and perceptive enough to know when to encourage others to share theirs, with a passion for collaboration. You thrive on combining analytical, data-driven analyses and decision-making with intuitive, emotional, inspiring design, providing holistic vision with an eye on business results. You are driven to make an awesome first impression and every impression thereafter a great one. You are eager to dive into a complex space and shape the way people see and hear our brand and product through design that attracts, inspires, and engages.
What can you expect from the position?
- Work with product owners and engineers to design next generation product features and compelling UI/UX
- Follow up on data and metrics to keep validating the design solution after it has shipped
- Design and improve multiple product features with varying timelines for our business and consumer users
- Create prototypes, wireframes, pen & paper sketches, journey maps, and other digital tools to test and improve product experiences in collaboration with internal and external users
- Stay on top of industry trends and best practices to continuously improve what we do and ensure our user experience is the greatest it can be
- Collaborate to build and maintain a design system to help engineers build consistency across the different experiences.
- Making beautiful designs and finding elegant solutions to delicate flows
- Rapidly testing and validating solutions
- Report to and collaborate closely with our Lead Product Designer who will look to you as a partner and thought leader
- Owning design for a product area, while being aware of how it touches the rest of our ecosystem
What can you bring to the role?
- 5+ years experience designing functional and beautiful digital products
- Produce clear, user-centric design across mobile, desktop, and web
- Experience with participatory design and/or human-centered design
- Able to help drive product direction, and deal with ambiguity to pursue greater goals
- A strong grasp on appropriate success metrics and how to follow up on them
- Low ego – we’re all in this together to help people, and are focused on the outcomes
- Self-directed – with minimal guidance, you will be able to identify the opportunities in your space
- You’ve shipped multiple consumer-facing products and seen to their growth
- A desire to learn, a willingness to try (and fail)
- A team mindset, and a knack for forming working relationships across both the design team and the org
- Comfortable juggling multiple important tasks and can prioritize well in a fast-paced environment
- Mastery of Figma, Sketch and/or Adobe Creative Suite
- Expertise and enthusiasm for creating UI components for desktop and mobile web/native platforms
- Endless curiosity about people, technology, design, and life
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Experience interacting with clients and the ability to speak about work with passion and data
- Contribute to all aspects of design, including requirement defining, user research, workflow diagramming, and engineering support
- Partner closely with developers, QA, and product managers to rapidly iterate on designs based on user feedback, tech constraints, and market dynamics
- Experience in healthcare, working with patients and other stakeholders
- Startup and/or A/B testing experience
- A mix of B2B and B2C experience
- Design system experience
Why Design at Chorus
- Meaningful work – you’ll be having a direct impact on helping people in a powerful way
- Growth - we’re expanding at an amazing rate
- Learn - you’ll develop your skills and work alongside brilliant folks
- Solve interesting problems for our various clients and partn
- Unlimited PTO, meaningful equity, smart and welcoming team
- Full benefits