Director of Engineering
Chorus Innovations is a fast-growing healthcare technology company with a no-code platform that enables anyone to visually create mobile, text messaging and interactive voice apps. Chorus’ unique and powerful platform is currently being used by doctors, researchers, patients and community stakeholders alike to power transformative healthcare, biomedical research and community improvement projects across dozens of institutions and public health agencies worldwide.
We are hiring an experienced Director of Engineering to lead our growing engineering team. We are looking for a highly technical, forward-looking, leader who will take ownership over the technical vision of our team and be accountable for the successful execution of that vision. This position will be responsible for translating that vision into a technical roadmap and architecting technical solutions that appropriately balance the need for speed-to-market, scalability, and differentiation.
Our mission of our engineering team is to build a scalable, resilient, and secure platform to serve our customers. You will be tasked with growing the tech team through treating engineering as a craft and seeking individuals with unique and diverse skill sets.
You will be a strategic partner to the Company’s senior leadership team, responsible for setting the culture and cadence for the engineering department. Fostering strong relationships, increasing product velocity, and achieving schedule predictability is of the utmost importance.
Tech Stack Overview:
React, AngularJS, Ruby on Rails, MySQL, AWS
What You Will Be Doing
- Determine prioritization & resource allocation of the roadmap. Manage priorities & decisions based on factors such as technical capabilities, customer/partner requests, build-vs-buy, and competitive landscape.
- Lead and build upon a group of incredibly smart engineers. Also set a plan and timeline for how an engineering organization can evolve.
- Lead high-level architecture of our platform and new functionality
- Stay on the forefront of the most appropriate technology tools while balancing scalability and stability.
- Maintain and continuously improve the current solutions to handle performance at scale.
- Manage transition of engineering and data resources to the highest production rate, with rapid iterating and testing of new business models, while steadily working on building a team / culture.
What You Need for this Position
- 5+ yrs of senior software engineering experience (designing APIs, abstractions, and tools used by other engineers) and 8+ years of industry experience
- Proven experience working in a rapidly evolving environment.
- Experience specializing in B2B SaaS software delivery utilizing modern technologies.
- Past experience guiding the technology decisions of your team, while contributing alongside them focused on goal setting, product & software development, quality & release to empower teams, scale development, and removing points of failure.
- Exceptional at identifying and breaking down problems to find novel solutions.
- Ability to own and manage multiple concurrent projects, including presenting and negotiating with stakeholders on the interdependencies and possibilities of what can realistically be delivered.
- Understanding and experience building highly scalable, highly available systems.
Why you’ll love working with us:
- Exciting, fast-growing, and diverse group of coworkers who are all working to help improve the lives of others by bringing down barriers in technology
- Performance bonuses
- Potential for signing bonus
- Options for equity in company
- Full medical, dental, vision, life insurance and 401k benefits
- Flexible work schedule and remote work possibilities
- Unlimited paid time off